Thursday, April 15, 2010

Who's Johnny!

Apparently I've now become part of this I'm obsessed with cupcakes subculture. I hvae found a home with fellow bloggers and learning to sewers, and baking a messers. So I follow this blog called Cupcakes Take the Cake. They show pictures of super cool cupcakes people from all over that people have made. They also do reviews of new cupcake bakeries and show you what the cupcakes look like-love it. They also keep me posted on anything cupcake related. That's where I found out about Johnny Cupcakes. He's a designer, raised in Massachusetts-points for that. He has these cool stores where his t-shirts are sold and the displays are old bakery stuff-ovens and stuff ya know. His symbol- a cupcake with crossbones!!!!


This brings us to Monday at Crave cupcakes in Houston-yes I'm completely obsessed with their strawberry cupcakes. I keep wanting to try something else but they call to me. I mean come on they're pink! See below-notice the special fondant medallion?


Well they hosted a come and meet Johnny Cupcake night on his suitcase tour. Lon was so great-we showed up at 7:00 and left around 11. We waited in line for almost five hours waiting to buy a limited edition Johnny Cupcakes t-shirt. It didn't happen, I had to leave, just-could-not-take-it. We met some really cool people-shout out to Ernie and the mom in front of us with her tween and tennage girls-that's a mom! I did meet Johnny-that's him

Got a picture in front of his cupcake mobile....


And you can see me just for a second on his Houston vlog-right around 3:45-I'm wearing a white jacket, grey shirt, and have my blue coach purse. Oh Johnny. In the coming days I may have a cupcake and crossbones on my car!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment